Web Summit 2017: Umbrella IT Сonquers Lisbon
November 6-7 2017 the web studio Umbrella IT is going to attend Web Summit known as the largest hi-tech conference in the world.
Traditionally the 4 day event at the MEO Arena in Lisbon, Portugal draws key figures from business and tech areas: largest international companies’ presidents, leading brands’ CEOs and the most innovative and bold start-ups’ founders.
This year the Umbrella IT team alongside with over 60 000 entrepreneurs, developers, investors, partners and attendees from 160 countries is going to attend the event dubbed “Glastonbury for geeks” by the Guardian.
Web Summit’s attendance has been confirmed by 2000 journalists from the top media outlets and publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, BBC, Business Insider и Bloomberg as well as the most influential trade publications and IT-blogs.
1000 people are announced to be the speakers including not only the Silicon Valley’s investors and the leading international tech-giants’ CEOs (Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO; Brad Smith, Microsoft president; Stewart Butterfield, Slack co-founder, and CEO), but media personalities (Liam Cunningham, Game of Thrones; Caitlyn Jenner, Olympian champion and transgenders’ rights activist; Sophia Bush, actress and activist) as well as famous politicians (Al Gore, Former Vice President of the United States of America; Margrethe Vestager; European Commissioner for Competition; Tawakkol Karman, human rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate).
Speakers are going to discuss the most pressing issues of modern life and modern business emerging under the influence of fast-developing information technologies. More speakers to be announced.
The schedule of Web Summit 2017 includes:
- 25 conferences focusing on different industry tracks from the very relevant ones for Umbrella IT such as web development, SaaS-technology, ad tech and design to robotics, marketing, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence;
- roundtables bringing together groups of 15-25 speakers and attendees. The roundtables’ topics are directly connected with content which was generated at the main conferences by the lecturers;
- workshops taking place in informal setting considering domain interest of the smaller audience. Workshops target at discussion and search for solutions of local problems, created by the business-technology symbiosis;
- lection category Startup University providing an opportunity to learn from CEOs, investors, and founders who succeeded in making their innovative business a success and became the leaders in the industry;
- Web Summit by night – business networking how it is: exclusive specially curated informal events focusing on getting your feedback and making business connections.
One of the reasons why Umbrella IT is involved in the conference is that Web Summit is not only a platform for the speakers but the important European technological marketplace attracting the buyers and sellers of technology from around the world.
Lisbon 2017 is going to combine the old tech-titans with the small startups within the scope of ALPHA programme which focusing on promising early-stage startups or BETA programme, in which the growth-stage startups participate.
Web Summit is going to provide an opportunity to the top companies to exhibit their projects and tech solutions directly to a potential buyer, investor or partner.
Facebook, Google, Paypal, Samsung, Amazon, Mercedes-Benz, Twitter and more are announced to be the representatives of the large business.
Umbrella IT Studio:
USA: +1 929-9-99196-6
AE: +9 715-6-50600-78
RU: +7 900-0-55555-0