How to Find the Best App Developers for Your Project?
Starting working on any start-up you face a number of serious problems which solutions will shape the future of your project: whether it will be successful or become a failure.
To find app developers for your project is one of such important fundamental problems which should be solved with the maximum seriousness and knowledge of the matter because those experts will turn your ideas into reality and the future of your project depends on their skills and abilities.
For many years, Umbrella IT experts have been turning into reality the most daring and large-scale projects. Today we have decided to share with you the main tips on how to properly choose a professional developers team so the planned project will be carried out in the best and required form.
WHERE TO SEARCH FOR THE TEAM
You have a clear understanding of your future product and want to start working on it but you don’t know how to find a developer for an app, do you? This article will help.
Today there are many different ways to find IT experts ranging from the simplest “word of mouth” to specialized websites.
You can search for your dream team:
- On specialized platforms. You want to find professionals in their field who have many years of development experience, a large stack of technologies used and projects examples, which are similar to yours. Therefore, you should start your search right from specialized platforms, where qualified IT specialists offer their services.
Searching for suitable candidates you should look at the following most popular and demanded websites:
Here you can not only study the portfolio of potential candidates but also get acquainted with the real feedbacks left by previous clients, check their skills and discuss the details of the work.
Umbrella IT advises using the Upwork platform for the search for the team. There is a large selection of specialists there, the process of search, communication, and collaboration with them is understandable and easy. To start the work:
- sign up on the Upwork platform as a client
- create a vacancy (post a job), where you describe what project you want and who you need to have it done
- choose “freelancers, search for freelancers”
- set the necessary rate, experience, specialization with the help of filters and choose Agency freelancers
- review the profiles of candidates and write messages to the chosen candidates along with the invitation to start working on your project by clicking on the button “invite to job”
Besides this, after you post the job candidates will start responding to it. View them to paying attention only to those who are in the company, skipping freelancers, and then proceed as described above.
- In the Google search. To find the team of your dream you should also use one of the most popular search engines that is Google. Go to Google and type various keywords or word combinations related to your project in the search line.
For example, you can use these:
- professional developers team
- website development team with portfolio
- mobile app development for ios/Android
- professional development of e-commerce websites
- order mobile app development
- web project creation for %here is the specification of our project%
This list can be continued endlessly, the main thing is that it must reflect your needs.
As a result of the search, you can find personal websites of specialized companies, various forums and advertisements with contact details of IT specialist teams.
- On LinkedIn. It’s a professional social network for searching and establishing business contacts known all over the world. Here you can not only find the profile and contact information of various IT specialists but also contact them, tell them about your start-up and offer to become the part of the project.
LinkedIn has a convenient search system: you can search for companies and other information by filtering candidates on a wide range of criteria including keywords. Here you can also send a message to the candidate.
How to find an app developer on LinkedIn?
- open the search
- select Companies
- type in the input line “Web developers company”
- click on “See all employees”
Choose candidates with the СEO or СTO position and write them a message: “Hi, I’m looking for a team of developers for a new project! Can I discuss this with you or do I need to talk with one of your colleagues?”
Note that when you open a company or a specific candidate profile, the search engine offers also to contact other similar specialists displaying them in the list on the right side of the screen what can also save your time and increase the chances to find the appropriate performer.
- Asking friends. Nothing prevents you to avail oneself of the simple proven way and ask friends and acquaintances whether they have a good team of developers in view.
So try to remember which of your friends or acquaintances made a start-up or is somehow connected with the IT sphere and write to him:
“Hi! At the moment I am looking for good app developers to deliver a web (mobile) project. Could you recommend someone? “
As practice shows, there are always several people who can either share contacts of worthy performers for your project or advise where else you can continue your searches.
- In startup incubators. Startup incubators are another great resource for searching an experienced and strong team of app developers for hire.
What are they? They are platforms where various meetings, events, conferences are held and where investors and developers meet.
- find startup incubators in your IT sphere where you would like to choose a team from
- make a list of incubators you are interested in based on event topics and participants
- make a plan with dates when and which incubators you are going to visit based on the events you are interested in
- right at the event talk to the organizers or the accompanying person and ask how you can find the programmers or other experts you need
- communicate, share contact information and make appointments with those who you are interested in or simply skype them
- In the social networks. Of course, finding app developers you should also avail one of the easiest ways to do it: write a post on common social networks such as Facebook, twitter, etc.
Make the post:
“Hi! I am looking for a team of experienced and good developers for my project. If you have collaborated with such, please, share their contacts. I will be grateful for the repost of this post!”
After the publication, you should also ask your friends and acquaintances to make a repost of your post.
Visit various groups about the development of web and mobile projects and leave your ads similar to the above mentioned.
The more people see your post, the more candidates you will be able to communicate with and then hire professional mobile or web app developers.
Of course, you should not entrust your start-up to the first team of developers that comes to you and assures you that they have a huge work experience on similar projects and will do everything in the best way.
You should believe the facts only. Below there are the main selection criteria which should be found out primarily when communicating with potential performers and at the end of the article there is a link to a convenient table-template. You can download it, enter the names of candidates and fill in information about them on important criteria.
So, pay attention to:
- THE YEAR OF FOUNDATION OF THE COMPANY. You want to be sure that the development of your project will not stop in the middle of the process due to the internal problems and difficulties of the developer company.
Therefore, you should not consider companies that exist on the IT market for less than 3 years, alternatively, you cannot be sure of their stable work.
It is necessary to choose time-tested performers and entrust your start-up to professionals, not amateurs. Then the whole project will be implemented in the best way and finished on time.
- THE SIZE OF THE COMPANY. You want your project to be developed steadily and according to the fixed plan. Therefore, the larger the team of developers is the better it is. You should not choose a company with a staff of fewer than 15 people unless all of them work on your project.
If there are more than 15 people in the team of performers you can feel at ease as even if any member of the team cannot continue working on your project for a certain reason, whether it’s an illness or vacation, there will always be another employee in the reserve who can take on his duties and continue working on your startup.
- PORTFOLIO. You should always study the portfolio of potential performers carefully to make sure that at the end of the work you will receive your project exactly as you planned it.
The main thing you should pay attention to in the portfolio of the chosen developers team is the similarity of its previous projects with the one that you are planning to create. If IT experts have already had experience of developing such start-ups, they know what difficulties can be faced during the work process and how to avoid them. Otherwise, the probability of appearance of errors and unstable work of your project increases many times.
- WEBSITE. Study the website of potential performers carefully because it is the face of their company. If you do not like the corporate website of the chosen team it seems intricate and complicated to you then it will most likely be difficult for you to cooperate with them, misunderstandings and additional problems may arise. And this will lead to a waste of time, nerves and most likely the result that will not satisfy you.
The performer must be on the same wave with you, understand all your ideas and clearly understand how to turn them into reality.
HOW TO MAKE A DECISION
You should not be lazy and study the negotiating tactics with the chosen candidates alongside with the search for a team of developers. You can learn how to behave and what you should pay attention to during the negotiations from the article Reduce Risks While Planning Web-Project Development.
After reading the mentioned article and studying all kinds of Internet platforms and websites, asking friends and acquaintances, publishing a big number of posts about development team search in the social networks, it is time to attentively and carefully get acquainted with potential candidates, sort out all the unfit and choose the most worthy ones.
In addition, you should remember that:
- You should not choose more than 3 potential teams. Don’t invite to an interview everybody because you will simply have no time to talk to each of them. As a result, you can miss some important details and get a garbled or incomplete idea about each of them.
Therefore, you should carefully study the portfolios you received and choose 3 most suitable candidates based on the criteria described above.
- You should choose the team which you will feel most comfortable to work with. Only cooperation in comfort and harmony can lead to success. Do not choose a company which you find it difficult to communicate with even if its portfolio seems great. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to explain to the developers what kind of project you would like to receive and it will be even more difficult to correct errors and defects during the work process.
Thus, now you know where to find mobile or web app developers. As you can see the secret how to hire an app developer suitable for your project is simple! The main thing is to get serious about the search, pay attention to the described criteria and understand how comfortable it is for you to communicate with one or another team.
Save your article in favorites so that you can always have an opportunity to download the convenient template of the table with all the necessary criteria for selecting candidates: check-list.
If you pay attention to all these simple but important criteria described in the article you will be able to create a clear and correct idea of the work with potential candidates, see the true value of each of them and choose the most suitable team that will have experience and knowledge so with its help you will be able to create a strong project.
In our turn, Umbrella IT is an experienced company that meets all the criteria mentioned above. So if you are looking for true professionals talk to our team and we’ll deliver a unique and qualitative product to you.