Technical Debt Reduction by 80% in One Month Without Stopping Project
from $47k per month
The average dedicated development team consists of a middle developer, team lead/senior developer, QA engineer and PM
Why is technical debt so dangerous for businesses?
Implementing new features quickly is extremely valuable to any business, particularly when the competition is breathing down your neck. To best cater to the demands of a growing business, developers often search for the best solution available at the time. However, this approach incurs technical debt. Supporting a sprawling codebase becomes more resource demanding, which slows down change delivery. This, in turn, leads to higher development costs.
What can our team achieve in one month?
Our dedicated team will take on 80% of your accumulated technical debt, while your core staff can focus on your current tasks without needing to halt the entire project.
In just one month we will eliminate up to 40 bugs of medium complexity or release up to 15 features to be adjusted.
|Examples of tasks||Labor hours|
|Bugs to be fixed|
|Forget Password functionality doesn’t work||4|
|Authentication through Facebook doesn’t work||6|
|Autocomplete widget doesn’t work||6|
|Features to be adjusted|
|Unit tests||2 hours/class|
|Autocomplete for SMS code||16|
|Forget Me feature (according to GDPR)||40|
How do we reduce technical debt?
Our team takes full responsibility for any tasks associated with technical debt reduction — as soon as we are granted access to the project, we dive in.
Your team keeps on working on your project uninterrupted. We only need one PM from your side to be our contact person. Additionally, we involve an expert from your team once per iteration for code review.
Signing an NDA
- The client and Umbrella IT sign a non-disclosure agreement, which allows our team to quickly get any required access and permission rights and start working on the project without any delays.
- The client meets the project manager. The PM is the sole point of contact and is involved in every aspect of the collaboration.
- The PM assigns a technical specialist to check the current code for blanks, duplicates, errors, and any standard deviations.
- The PM prepares a product backlog, evaluates the scope of the tasks, and gets their priority approved by the client, taking into account both the tasks’ technical impact and business value.
- The PM finalizes the requirements, drafts the roadmap, and forms a project team. Depending on the specifics of the project, the team might include some niche specialists, such as DevOps engineers.
- We set up an initial meeting to make sure the parties are on the same page about the targets and expectations of the project as well as its risks and issues.
- From the get-go, we include the CTO, CBDO, and CQO to establish internal controls for the project.
- We begin the development and provide regular updates and reports as per the client’s targets.
- On request, we submit the results of our work for review by a specialist from the client’s team.
- At the end of every week, we prepare a demonstration to show our progress to the client.
- At the beginning of every new week, we move down the priority list to the next task.
- We perform the delivery and acceptance of the work done.
How can we speed up the process?
To speed up the work, one of your developers, who is well familiar with the project background, can join our team. Together we will work on reducing the technical debt. We offer a developer from our side in place of yours.
You can interview the developer first, and if you are not happy with their performance after 2 weeks, you will be covered by our refund policy.