years on the market
insurance companies in Russia
IT audit conducted to minimize risks for insurance company project for creating single data exchange point between services
To perform IT audit and detect any potential risks for EBS creating or integrating
Data from 15+ external and internal apps and services were disaggregated. A data bus was required to be developed to serve as single point for exchanging information. The risk was high to face one of the blockers:
- limits for data transfer;
- various data formats within the system;
- limited data validity period;
- failures of data exchange or migration.
Before starting the implementation of the solution for data storage and processing we conducted an IT audit and identified measures to reduce the risks:
- analysis of the systems for any constraints and development of a handler for each of them;
- compiling a data and formats map for further integration of the handlers to normalize the data formats;
- configuration of the integration connectors and handlers to work with the data based on expiration;
- configuration of the exception handling modules: defining the rules for data caching and logic for receiving/sending data in case of failure;
- connection of the logging system and the app status monitoring system including integration with messengers to handle critical alerts.