User engagement increased with the improved comment features in mobile version of the website
To improve the comment features of the mobile version of the website which aimed to strengthen the attractiveness of the content and comment, as well as building a stronger community on 9GAG.
There was a separate repository to store the comment system code on the website. Such an approach increased the time required for the development and implementation of new functions.
As a matter of priority, we created a single repository for storing website code and comment system code, while maintaining the comment system structure. This allowed introducing new features and improvements quickly and efficiently in the future.
The next step was to improve the comments system to make it more user-friendly. We implemented the following options:
- to upvote/downvote the comments,
- to display an avatar and a username in the comments,
- to view a profile of the commenting user,
- to see the post to which the user leaves a comment,
- to add user mentions,
- to sort comments,
- to go to the comment by a direct link,
- to reply to the comments and get displayed in the thread of the comment to which the user replies.
As the mobile version was successfully updated, the Client decided to improve the desktop version as well.
Leave you contact details to discuss your goal with us
monthly page views