from $50 per hour
How we work
System analyst is responsible for technical setting of the software development goal.
СиSystem analyst is familiar with the product and the system, understands the business task and develops functional requirements and specification which describe its implementation.
System analyst tasks within a project are as follows:
- eliciting requirements through analysis of the existing software, interviews with stakeholders and users as well as prioritizing requirements and planning the way they will be satisfied;
- identifying and curbing technological and UX risks for the project;
- design of systems including designing databases, integration solutions, exchange schemes;
- keeping documents: creating and updating requirement documents, preparing graphs and diagrams, developing interactive documents;
- developing prototypes and conducting demonstrations for users, stakeholders and developers teams;
- not only supporting but also developing the ongoing projects (suggestions on optimization and actions for improvement of products and processes);
- training users how new software works and helping them to solve emerging issues.
On a short-term horizon the system analyst’s activity reduces expenses for development. On a long-term horizon the system stability is increased. The analytics helps to decrease the number of bugs while implementing new functions in the process of scaling or changing the system.
We take part in every stage of product creation.
- at the first stage of the product creation the analysts team convert the incoming requirements to a formalized form taking into account the current product state, the existing integrations, etc.;
- the analyst writes specifications to be used by the developers while implementing the system;
- the next stage covers planning tasks and design;
- at the stage of the development itself and the further release the analysts’ contribution is of consultative nature;
- throughout the life of the project the analysts make changes in the product documents in response to the actual changes implemented in the process of development;
- in case the system analyst joins in halfway through the project the time is to be taken into account that is required to study the project (on average, 1-2 weeks depending on whether the existing project documents are up-to-date and complete.
What you get
Specification is a document that formalizes requirements to the system and includes the following:
- project goals and aims;
- product description;
- functional requirements;
- requirements to development, testing, and review;
- non-functional requirements;
- customer journey map;
- version history table.
Skills and experience
– Visual Paradigm;
– Axure RP.
Visualization of specification
– business process diagram (BPMN);
– ER diagram (UML);
– sequence diagram (UML);
– use case diagram (UML).