Hire Top Level Python Developers
Hire senior pre-vetted remote python developers with strong technical and communication skills.
TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS AND STARTUPS
How to Hire Developers through Umbrella IT
How to Hire a Python Developer for Your Project in 2022?
The demand for Python developers is growing every day. And it is not surprising. Python is one of the most widespread programming languages around the world. More than 48% of developers worldwide use this language to create stable and dynamic applications.
With Python, you can bring to life any product idea. To do so, you’ll need a dedicated developer in your team. However, finding an expert can be a challenge as they’re in high demand. So, how do you find and hire a Python developer?
That’s the question we aim to answer in this guide. Here is everything you need to know about hiring Python programmers and where to find them.
Let’s get right to it.
What skills are needed for a Python developer?
Before starting your hiring process and sorting out the CVs, you should first define who you’re looking for. All Python developers have a different number of skills. Depending on their expertise level, there are three main categories of programmers: Junior, Middle, and Senior.
Here are all the skills necessary for each level developer.
Junior Python developer
A Junior Python developer is an entry-level programmer who assists a development team with writing and maintaining code. Juniors can work on writing basic code, fixing small bugs, and participating in paired programming activities with higher-level developers.
As Junior programmers are just starting to grow professionally, their primary duty is to learn all the time. It’s better to pair them together with Mid-level or Senior developers, so they could get proper guidance.
There are basic skills that every Junior developer must have:
· Have up to 1 year of experience in the sphere;
· Understanding the Python basics and its frameworks;
· Basic SQL knowledge;
· Basic Shell scripting;
· Knowing at least one Version Control System (VCS);
· Ability to work in a team;
· Be a fast learner.
Middle Python developer
Middle developers are already fully-functional specialists that can write their own code and come up with solutions to various issues. As they’ve worked in the sphere for 2-4 years, they require less supervision and can work on tasks autonomously.
Mid-level coders have a clear understanding of the code and technologies used in a project; therefore, they have more responsibilities. It’s their duty to test and maintain the code quality and ensure it meets the project requirements.
Here are essential skills necessary for a Middle Python developer:
· Have 2-4 years of experience in development;
· Stable object-oriented design, coding, and test pattern expertise
· Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases;
· Good knowledge of AWS services;
· Understanding of design and interaction with RESTful APIs;
· Be a problem-solver.
Senior Python Developer
Senior Python developers are programmers with strong professional backgrounds. They can streamline every project and reach the most profit for the business. Seniors take on full responsibility for product development and lead the whole team. Their main duty is to ensure all project goals are completed on time and to company specifications.
There are key skills required for Seniors:
· Have at least 5 years of experience as a Python engineer;
· Strong understanding of best practices, SOLID principles, CLEAN Code, and scalable solutions;
· Good knowledge of object-oriented patterns in Python;
· Expertise in Pig, Hive, HDFS, Scala, Spark, and other big data technologies.
Besides technical skills, there are soft ones that play a crucial role when searching for a Senior programmer.
· Attention to detail;
· Leadership skills;
· Advanced project management skills;
· Good communication skills.
Python developer hard skills
Despite the level and years of experience, all programmers must know the basics. Here is the list of hard skills necessary for every engineer:
· Expertise in Python concepts
A developer has to understand the fundamental concepts of Python, such as:
· Data types and structures;
· File handling;
· OOPs concepts;
· Solid knowledge of frameworks
Knowing Python frameworks is a must. The most popular ones are Django, Flask, and CherryPy.
· Front-end technologies
· Version control
All software products go through multiple changes and modifications during the whole development cycle. Knowing about version control helps a Python developer to keep track of any changes with full traceability.
· Object Relational Mapping
ORM allows building a virtual object database that can be used within the Python (or other) language. This technique lets developers work with data schemas using Python code instead of SQL.
Python developer soft skills
Knowing how to write good code is essential, but not enough to be a successful developer. In most companies, people from different spheres work together on building a product. And here is where soft skills become crucial. A Python developer has to interact with other teammates. Therefore, having these soft skills is a must:
· Communication skills
The ability to explain complicated things (technicalities) in an easy way is fundamental for every developer. This skill will help to be understood during the daily routine interactions with non-tech colleagues.
Every software engineer should be ready for changes, especially when it comes to technologies. Python developer needs to keep track of recent software updates and adapt it to different specifications if necessary.
· Attention to detail
Programming requires strong attention to detail as small mistakes can cause big problems. A good Python developer has to follow guidelines and conduct regular tests to ensure code quality.
It takes a lot of time and effort to build a new skill set. All programmers need to understand their motivation to keep going, so as not to give up in the middle of the way.
Hiring a remote Python developer
For the last two years, the popularity of remote work continues to gather momentum. The most well-known companies like Google, Microsoft, and Twitter have decided to adopt flexible models of working. More and more employees are switching to a full-time remote format. But is it worth chasing the trend and hiring a remote team? Before jumping to any conclusions for your business, ensure to consider the pros and cons of working with remote staff.
· The broad selection of specialists (you can look for a developer from any part of the world, which allows you to choose the most talented);
· Better work-life balance (remote employees have more control over their time and can work at their most productive hours);
· Lower costs (you can save money on additional IT equipment and office space);
· Improved diversity and inclusivity.
· Irregular working hours (due to different time zones, remote employees may not respond to your queries on time);
· No face-to-face interactions;
· Harder to observe day-to-day employee time management.
Template for a Python developer job description
To help you start your hiring process straight away, we’ve created a job description template. Feel free to modify and post to recruiting platforms.
Who We Are
Start with a brief introduction about your company. Describe your business, advantages, core values, and goals.
We’re looking for a (Junior/Middle/Senior) Python developer to help build and scale our software products. In this role, you will be responsible for writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services. Being a part of our diverse development team means being a full-time problem-solver. So, if you are not afraid of challenges, then you are probably one of those unique we’re looking for.
What You’ll do
· Write effective, scalable code;
· Test and debug programs;
· Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance;
· Review and maintain current internal code quality standards;
· Integrating data storage solutions;
· (Add other relevant responsibilities).
Here’s what we are looking for:
· Have 1/2/5 years of experience in Python development;
· Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks, such as Flask and Django;
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases;
· Strong understanding of best practices, SOLID principles, CLEAN Code, and scalable solutions;
· Strong experience with Version control;
· Good problem-solving skills;
· (Add other relevant skill sets).
What questions should be asked at the Python developer interview?
The interview process is never easy, especially if there are many applicants to consider. However, the interview stage will help you find the right person to join your team. When preparing questions for candidates, think of checking both hard and soft skills.
Questions for hard skills:
· What are the key features of Python?
· What is PEP 8 and why is it important?
· What are lists and tuples? What is the difference between them?
· Why do you use frameworks in Python? Which ones are the most popular and why?
· How is Python an interpreted language?
· What are local variables and global variables in Python?
· How is memory managed in Python?
Questions for soft skills:
· Imagine that I’m your non-tech colleague. Explain how Python works in simple terms
· What do you do if there’s a disagreement within your team?
· Do you remember a programming decision you made that was a failure? Why do you think it was a mistake? What did you learn from the experience?
· Tell me about a time when you had to work under strict deadlines. How did you handle it? Did you make everything on time?
· Tell me about the goals you achieved and how you did it.
· What was the most interesting project you have participated in? Why was it interesting? Share your experience.
· Share an example of a challenging situation you encountered. What was it? How did you handle it?
How to find and hire a Python developer?
There are a lot of platforms where you can find and hire a Python programmer for your projects. Here are the most popular options:
· Recruiting websites
There are a lot of recruiting platforms, such as Indeed, Glassdoor, Greenhouse, and Freshteam. Such websites allow you to post a job opportunity and candidates will reach out to you.
· Freelance platforms
If you need to hire a Python developer for a short-term project, then freelance platforms are a good way to go. Platforms let you see the programmer’s completed tasks, reviews, and ratings. The most popular websites are Toptal, Freelancer, Upwork, and People Per Hour.
· Professional social networks and forums
Networks like LinkedIn, Python.org, and Stack Overflow allow you to dig deeper into developers’ communities. You can find Python coders browsing forums and scrolling through personal accounts on LinkedIn.
· Outstaffing agencies
IT outstaffing companies can provide you with the most talented people for your project. They take into account your goals and wishes to find the best fit. Such companies also take full responsibility for the hiring process: from searching to official employment.
How can we help?
Our company helps businesses to find top IT specialists. We hand-pick every programmer to ensure the delivery of the highest quality while working on projects. Our IT outstaffing process takes a few simple steps to help you achieve desired results. Here is how we work:
1. Getting to know your project
The process starts with analyzing your project and requirements. We collect as much information as possible to ensure the perfect match for your company.
Our talent sourcing specialists begin the search and select potential candidates’ CVs. You can expect to meet your future developer within days.
Once you confirm the hires, we start our recruiting process. We take care of all the details.
4. Trial period
We give you a chance to get to know the candidate and work together for some time. Pay only after you’re sure we found the right fit.