Hire Top Level React Developers
Hire senior pre-vetted remote react developers with strong technical and communication skills.
TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS AND STARTUPS
How to Hire Developers through Umbrella IT
How to hire a React.js Developer for Your Project in 2022?
React.js is an open-source web development framework used for building user interfaces. Even though it’s a relatively new library, it has already established itself in the market. Giants like Instagram and Facebook are now hard to imagine without React.js technology.
React.js helps to solve a range of development problems, and it became especially useful for single-page applications. So, many businesses hire React developers to take advantage of the declarative and flexible framework used to streamline every product.
Since React appeared not so long ago, finding true experts can be a challenging process. This guide will cover essential skills that successful programmers need, where to find the best experts, the job description template, and some of the interview questions.
Keep reading to find out everything you need to find the best fit for your company.
What skills are needed for a React.js developer?
React.js has many different libraries to offer, which makes it versatile for experts of any seniority level. However, the professional skills of Junior, Middle, and Senior programmers differ.
The developer’s skill set depends on the company and project. We’ve collected the most common ones, so you could get an idea of what to look for.
Let’s dig deeper into each level programmer’s responsibilities.
Junior React developer
Junior ReactJS developers typically have up to 1.5 years of experience in development. They are freshmen in this profession and need to work under constant supervision. It’s better to pair them together with more skilled programmers, so they could learn from the best.
· Have up to 1.5 years of experience in development using React.js;
· Experience working with GitLab/GitHub;
· Knowledge of Node.js;
· Understanding of Unit testing and debugging processes;
· Knowledge of Redux;
· Ability to learn quickly.
Middle React developer
Middle React.js programmers usually have at least two years of experience in development. These developers should have a good command of all the technologies mentioned above.
As Mid-level coders are more skilled in the sphere, they can work on tasks independently. However, they are not professionals yet, so it’s better to supervise complex solutions.
Such programmers should have an extensive portfolio of completed projects, specifically in mobile development. Apart from that, they need to match the following skill set:
· 2+ years of experience and portfolio of completed projects;
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs;
· Understanding of web technologies and W3C standards;
· Experience using Azure DevOps;
· Knowledge of TypeScript;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to work in a team.
Senior React developer
Senior ReactJS developers are top-level programmers with more than 5 years of experience in the profession. They look for solutions that can bring business to the next level.
Senior software engineers are the ones responsible for product development from idea to realization. They can make important decisions and lead the team. When looking for a Senior level programmer, it’s essential to pay attention to both hard and soft skills:
· Have 5+ years of experience;
· Experience with MVC/MVVM development patterns;
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, and NPM;
· Strong grasp of designing reusable components and UI design patterns.
Common soft skills for a Senior developer:
· Have strong writing and communication skills;
· Ability to work and guide younger developers;
· Problem-solving skills.
React developer’s hard skills
To hire a ReactJS developer that will bring the most value to your team and product, you should identify whether they have the required skills. Here are fundamentals that all level programmers need:
· Knowledge of programming languages
JSX is a crucial aspect of the React.js ecosystem. It allows developers to design apps using react APIs, which would be otherwise challenging.
Git is an essential toolkit for all coders. It is used to handle small to very large projects efficiently. Thanks to this tool, developers can easily track changes in the source code and work together with other programmers.
Redux is a state management library for ReactJS. It lets developers manage an application state in one place and keep all the changes traceable.
React developer soft skills
When looking for a React developer, take into account both professional and interpersonal skills. The combination of the two is what makes a programmer successful. Here are some soft skills that need to be evaluated:
· Excellent communication
The product development process requires constant communication – whether it’s within the team or the company’s clients. A React developer should be a good communicator to explain complicated tech details in a simple way.
· Problem-solving approach
All React developers might face unexpected mistakes during the development stage. How they address such issues and discover appropriate solutions determines the project’s success. Pay attention to someone who can think outside the box and who is not afraid of mistakes.
The world doesn’t stand still, and new technologies pop up every day. A React.js developer needs to keep up with progress and adapt to the latest changes in the software.
· Team player
ReactJS developers are not lone wolves. They need to cooperate with other team members to deliver the final product. All technical skills can go down the drain if they are unable to work on common goals as a team.
Hiring remote React.js developer
Remote working has been trending for quite a while now. More and more employees are working in remote positions full-time. Companies are also embracing this new work culture, getting all the benefits it has to offer. But the question is whether remote employees are what your company needs. The decision to hire remote staff should be carefully considered. That is why we’ve gathered the major benefits and drawbacks of working with developers remotely.
· Experienced professionals from all over the world (you can look for talent worldwide and find the best one in the sphere);
· Reduced costs (you can save the expenses related to the recruitment process and employee’s hardware);
· Easier to find candidates for a short-term project (you can hire someone to work on specific projects);
· Increased diversity (you get access to a wider range of experiences that your company can benefit from).
· Cultural and language barriers (people from other countries might need more time to adapt to your language and culture);
· Communication interruptions (due to different time zones, employees from another part of the world may not be able to answer important questions on time);
· Team integration issues (it’s important to include your remote team member in all communications, meetings, and other resources, so they don’t feel abandoned).
Template for a React developer job description
We’ve made a template to help you write the perfect job description and hire an expert in app development. This sample is customizable to your specific requirement. Feel free to use it on any job posting sites.
Start the introduction with a brief and catchy paragraph about your company. Highlight the benefits of working with you, core values, and goals. This will help candidates to get to know about your business.
We are looking for an eager (Junior/Middle/Senior) React developer who is ready to help grow our product and build out strong solutions. The role is heavily focused on React front-end development. You will be implementing user interface components by following React.js concepts and workflows. As a React developer, you will work with a talented and dedicated team to build and maintain the user interface for our platform.
· Developing new user-facing features using React.js
· Take initiative and build tools that improve your team’s development experience;
· Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code;
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Triage and fix bugs;
· (Add other responsibilities here).
· Up to 1/2/5 years of experience;
· Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles;
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs;
· Understanding the code versioning tools such as Git;
· Experience in Unit testing frameworks;
· Experience with user interface design;
· Troubleshooting skills;
· Time and project management skills;
· (Add other relevant requirements).
What questions should be asked at the React.js developer interview?
After screening candidates’ resumes, it’s time for an interview stage. Think of preparing questions ahead of time. Ensure to include ones that are aimed to evaluate both hard and soft skills. Here are some of them to help you get started:
Hard skills questions:
· What are the main features of React.js?
· Explain JSX
· How do you create forms in React?
· What are the key advantages of using React?
· Are there any limitations of React?
· What does a Virtual Dom mean? Explain how it works
· What is the difference between React and Angular?
Soft skills questions:
· Do you prefer to work in a team or on your own? Why?
· Tell us about a previous project you enjoyed working on. What did you like about it?
· When was the last time you faced a difficult task? What was it? How did you manage to complete it?
· Imagine that I know nothing about React.js. Explain what it is and why to use it.
· How do you structure your work day? What do you do at first?
· Tell us about the last time you worked under a strict deadline and pressure. How did you deal with it?
· Can you talk about your last failures? Why did they happen? Describe the steps you took to correct mistakes.
How to find and hire ReactJS developers?
There are lots of places where you can find a React.js developer. Here are some of the options to consider when looking to hire React programmers:
· Outstaffing agency
IT outstaffing companies can equip your team with new talents. They provide people tailored specifically for your needs. Also, an outstaffing agency will overtake the HR and legal aspects, so you could focus on the business.
· Freelance websites
Hiring React.js freelancers is a great idea for short-term projects. Consider such freelance platforms as Upwork, Toptal, Freelancer, and Fiverr. A huge plus of these websites is that you can browse through reviews, portfolios, and completed projects of any potential candidate.
· Job posting sites
Job listing sites such as Indeed, Glassdoor, and Hubstaff Talent allow you to post a vacancy. These platforms are time-savers, as the candidates apply for your posted job opportunities themselves.
· Social networks
Professional networks like LinkedIn let you post job opportunities and also look for experts with relevant skill sets. You can scroll through candidates’ resumes and find the best fit for your project.
How can we help?
Finding and training IT talents can be a hassle and take lots of your time. That’s why we made it our mission to help businesses around the world get access to skilled developers of any level. We help our clients scale up their teams and achieve goals faster. This is how our IT outstaffing process works:
1. Project requirements
The initial stage is to find out everything about your project. We discuss your vision, technology stack, structure, and team requirements.
Our HR specialists start looking for potential candidates, reviewing resumes, and conducting interviews. We’ll introduce you to the right person for your project within days.
The recruiting stage begins once you’ve decided on the candidate. You don’t need to worry about the legal aspects of employment. We handle all the details.
We offer a trial period of working with a developer. Pay only if you’re satisfied with the results and quality.